Okay, so it looks like I have committed myself to another commitment. It's my own fault this time. Nobody's doing, but my own. Well, maybe I can blame Jennifer since she is the "clever" one that suggested that some of us Class of '88'ers blog about our year turning 40! I really don't know anything about blogging. Are their rules to blogging? What if I don't follow blogging etiquette? Is there spell check? How long does a blog have to be for a blog to be considered to be called a blog? What about grammar? Do I have to have something profound to say each time? Can my blog be put on "blog probation" if it doesn't live up to other people's expectations? I don't want the pressure of meeting other people's expectations. I already face that on a daily basis when I go to Taco Casa to get my sweet tea. They expect me to tell them every day what I want....shouldn't they know me by now? They expect me to give them .64 cents each time....shouldn't they have a frequent buyers card by now? They expect me to speak loud enough in the speaker for them to hear, yet they aren't willing to put a English speaking person on their end. Expectations. I can never seem to meet them, and I am certain I won't be starting with this whole blog thing either.
We are already at the mid-point of January and nothing too exciting has happened in 2010. I started the year off wrapped up in a Snuggie, talking out loud to the TV telling Mariah that her outfit was too tight, snacking on a Lunchable, and the only kiss I got at midnight was a Hershey Kiss left over in my holiday candy dish. Not exactly what I envisioned as the perfect New Year's Eve, but at least I wasn't at some big fancy party trying to pretend that the SPANX I had on wasn't cutting off my circulation! :)
You are so funny. I hope you update often!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Wendy, I hope you blog often! I'm so glad you still give in to peer pressure. Jenn pulled the classmate card and you fell for it - YAY US !!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd hey, don't feel bad about that kiss on NYE...I'm married and it isn't clear in my memory if I even got a kiss since I passed out at 10. lol
Very cute! I want to know how you get a sweet tea for 64 cents!
ReplyDeleteWow,thanks guys! I could get used to these "Words of Affirmation"....that is one of my Love Languages, ya know? :) I am still trying to figure all this out and I definately want a cuter page like ya'll. That will be my next goal.
ReplyDeleteSo I see you have a cuter page, and not that I am counting or anything, but it's been like 17 days since you have updated, lol.
ReplyDeleteI know that because you started your blog on the very same day I started my life change of working out every morning! :)
Hope all is well in the life of Regina!