Welcome

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My "40" List

Okay, so I have spent a month celebrating the fact that I actually posted ONE blog and now it's already February. I had full intention of blogging every few days, with a hot cup of coffee by my side, just like real grown-ups do. But, it seems that this "grown up" doesn't have it all together like she thought, and hasn't sat down long enough to even think about 40 things in life that she wants to accomplish. The following is a rough draft of my list - it's not things that necessary have a deadline of May 11, 2010 (My 40th), but rather things that I would like to do any time in my future. *Any item is subject to be deleted if I feel the need.....that's how I roll. ;)

1. Make a resume'
2. Pick up scrapbooking again (something that I love, but sat it aside during a trying period of my life - time to pick it back up)
3. Complete the Beth Moore Bible Study, "Breaking Free"
4. Visit OHIO
5. Take a cruise
6. Vacation in Banff, Canada
7. Take dance lessons
8. Lose 10-15 lbs. and then TONE! TONE! TONE!
9. RUN a 5K, not walk
10. Take the first step to completing my degree
11. Have lunch with a friend, once a week
12. Plan a get-together with college friends
13. Spend time DAILY in prayer
14. Send a card to a friend once a week to let them know I am thinking of them
15. Bungee jump
16. Skydive
17. Refinish my grandmothers dining room table and chairs that I have inherited
18. Have a massage twice a year
19. Take a vacation without a phone and without a computer
20. Attend an Olympic event
21. Kiss in the pouring rain
22. Take a "MAC for Dummies" class
23. Find a new hair-do
24. Continue to work toward debt-free living (this will require a new job)
25. New Job
26. Express feelings more
27. Try Sushi (I'm already telling you that I'll hate it, but I will try it)
28. Spend more time with the people I love
29. End my relationship with the employees at Taco Casa and my sweet tea :(
30. Journal my thoughts more often
31. Take a friend for some much needed pampering
32. Eat more protein
33. Have a facial
34. Go to NYC during the holidays
35. Visit a Amish community
36. Drive through the Smoky Mtns. during the Fall
37. Kiss at Niagra Falls
38. Disneyworld again
39. Get to a place where I can financially help some of my friends in the ministry more
40. Fly first class just once

3 comments:

  1. Should we take that "cougar" cruise after all??? lol That is a good list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are blogging again! I have kissed at Niagra Falls - it was muggy, super muggy, not romantica at all, i think i need a do-over! great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live close to the Amish, come see me!

    ReplyDelete